Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Strawberry Dreams


Today I’ve started Strawberries from seed, “Patio Temptation”
I’ve recorded the plant requirements, and started the seed in peat pellets. Once the plants are almost outgrown the peat pellets, I’ll cut the netting on these and move them to the strawberry pots we have. I’ve grown strawberry plants before quite successfully, but in very rich soil and from started plants, never from seed.
So this should be an interesting journey!
Added: 11 seeds were put in damp paper toweling to assist the germination process.

We started 11 seeds; let's see how many we actually get to sprout!




2 comments:

The Cranky said...

Mmmm, fresh strawberries, love them!

K said...

You are the second person in two days that's talked about growing strawberries from seed!

I hope it works. My plan this year is to finish getting all the raised beds in, and get some strawberries and raspberries planted. But you know how good plans go!